Stories from the Classroom
Esports in the Classroom
Esports, or competitive video gaming, is a booming industry. It's no wonder Mark Cuban would buy esports stock and sell NFL stock if given the choice. With such a growing industry full of opportunity, what role does esports play in education?
I spoke with several people that are on the front lines of where esports and education intersect. We discuss:
- What exactly are esports
- What types of esports scholarships and programs are available at the college level
- How an esports program is so much more than just playing video games
- Why educators need to consider starting an esports program at their school
- Where to go for gaming PCs when your school doesn't have the funds for them
- Resources for getting an esports club started at your school
- Resources for implementing esports into English curriculum
You'll also hear a little audio from an esports project I tried out with my some of my students.
Connect With Thom